The grounds, a 4 star campsite in the Gers
is in THE GERS
A Gers campsite by the lake
There are, throughout the world, exceptional locations, certainly more exotic than the loveliest campsite in the Gers. Maybe having the life of a globetrotter would be insufficient to explore them…
…However, times are changing, and the responsible tourist thinks twice, before booking a flight to a safari lodge in Tanzania!
Here, on our campsite by the Lac de Seissan lake, we have dreamt up an “elsewhere”, without having to go far.
It is 12 hectares of pure countryside, happiness in its raw form, between lakes and a forest in Occitanie! This will perhaps be the setting of your loveliest glamping experience in the Gers, if you love the simple delight of a countryside holiday, by the lake, with the sunshine, and the conviviality of south-west France.
Whaka Lodge, this is a particularly original concept of an hotel in the middle of nowhere, which reinvents camping with style, with an eco-chic offering, and which takes inspiration from an exotic world, to transport you elsewhere, in complete harmony with its natural wooded surroundings.
In an ethnic and décor spirit, Whaka Lodge imagines a little everywhere on the campsite, with here inspiring places, and there unusual accommodation, simply awaiting both you and your good humour!
- As regards services and facilities…
- Heated swimming pool and paddling pool
- White sandy beach by the lake
- Swimming lake with inflatable watergames
- Canoeing, stand-up paddle boarding, fishing
- Tennis, ping-pong, pétanque, sports ground
- Nature Kids Club (in July-August)
- Café with local beers, cocktails and local menu
- Crêpe and ice cream
- Daily breakfast buffet
- Corner to purchase some local specialities
- Summer activity schedule with live music, family challenges, yoga classes
- Hiring of electric fatbikes
- As regards accommodation…
- 53 holiday rentals with views over the lakes
- 10 out-of-the-ordinary and ethnic holiday rentals with a Jacuzzi or a vintage bath
- 27 glamping accomodation
- 1 floating cabin
- 10 nomad tents
- 4 coco sweet
- And also…
- Free Wi-Fi access on the resort
- bedlinen included, beds made up on arrival
- towels on hire (included in some of our accomodations)
- Hire of barbecue or plancha
- Daily breakfast buffet in option (included for some of the accomodations)
- Books available
- Loan of board games
- Hire of a baby cot and a high chair
- Confortable sanitary facilities for the coco sweets and the nomad tents
An unusual campsite in the Gers
with happy people
Being happy, a skill to be learned!
Happiness results, no doubt, from the capacity to enjoy the little things, in the present moment, the small delights on offer to you here and now…
On Whaka Lodge, being happy might be our mantra! Moreover, as we don’t to be happy all alone, we have considered what makes you smile, the many special touches and the major facilities, that make our campsite in the Gers a nature reserve of happy people!
The pontoon on the lake specially laid out for relaxation interludes or yoga retreats, the explorers’ tents or safari lodges for out-of-the-ordinary nights, the famous chic lakeside cabins to immerse yourself in an exotic atmosphere, are only some of the examples of facilities, amongst many others, which might make you smile.
And this not simply a Gascon promise!
Arrivals from 16h.
Departure before 10h.
Weekend package (except July and August)
Enjoy your rental until Sunday 4pm!
please warn reception beforehand:
The Gers, a well-kept secret
Nobody actually knows it, but the Gers is an island, far from the bustle of the large metropolises, protected by the joyful lightness of its inhabitants. If there was one slogan shared by the Gers inhabitants, it would be “no stress, make the most of life”.
Nathalie and Patrick, the owners of Whaka Lodge, love travelling and stopping on various islands. Here, they find a particular atmosphere: people truly in harmony with their territory and its superb countryside, not artificial, centred on the simple things in life.
Sure, there are no motorways, but you can drive for kilometres without passing another car, stop at superb viewpoints, stop in highly atypical restaurants, otherwise you get “looks” from people. You eat there, you listen to music there, you drink a good wine there, in the atmosphere of a tavern, like in films, with this particular atmosphere, when the inhabitants of magnificent small villages meet up over a drink and share with you their love of the region.
No need to go far to be elsewhere. The Gers an island? A well-kept secret only to be shared with friends.
Here, you can find more information on…